Saturday, June 04, 2005

Narayana Chiruvolu Surya


This is a blog for all those who knew and loved him and were changed forever by him.
Narayana Chiruvolu Surya was born somewhere in Andhra Pradesh, to the South of India.
He was not only my biological father but also my dearest friend and, what is more, my teacher and therapist.
From 1969 to 1997 he lived at the Sri Aurobindo Ashram.
Before that he was the Director of the All India Institute of Mental Health.
Before that he did some studies in the UK and some other things and I hope that some other fans of his will help to fill those gaps.
He gave all those who came into touch with him a new look at the world and at themselves.
His writings are scattered amongst those who loved him. Someday, maybe, these people would think of sharing them with the world so that others might access the wisdom of his discourses.
As for me, I will try to share all that he wrote to me in the form of diaries. Sometimes, when I would visit him, he would give me a diary on which I could note down what he said. Many a time, he himself wrote something in these journals. That was a real honour although his writings are not clear at times. When I can’t figure out what he wrote I shall indicate with appropriate comments.
I hope that I will have visitors to inspire me on this journey.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape