Monday, October 23, 2017

BOREDOM

This is the commonest complaint, and the mother of all mischief. I am bored, because nothing interests me. But that is not true. Only a few things interest me, and a thousand things do not interest me.

My interests are narrow,  and the world and its plenitude exist for me only to the extent they pander to my excitements.

It is the result of utter parasitic selfishness or ego-centricism.  This recognises no reciprocal obligation to the world. When you feel bored it is a sign that the devil is in the driving seat, and the devil's other names are - disuse, decay, disease and death. Next time I find I am bored and complain that I have nothing to do - I can easily look around and see that there are a hundred interesting and useful things to be done; to be interesting to me, helpful to others, and to repay a debt of gratitude to the world that supports me. There is a room to tidy;  listen to someone talking about his difficulties; to merely look at the grandeur of the sky above you; to watch a squirrel or bird; or just polish your own shoes.

The word ‘bored’ has acquired a flavour sophistication and is very popular with the pampered and utterly self-centered youth from so-called well to do families, who easily feel bored this place, this city, this country, with the school, the family and ultimately with their disgusting selves. This is a physiological truth to be personally experimented with and experienced:

YOUR BRAIN AND THE WORLD AROUND IT REFLECT AND REINFORCE EACH OTHER’S STATE OF ORGANISATION OR DISORGANISATION. YOUR IMMEDIATE PERSONAL ENVIRONMENT IS BOTH THE CAUSE AND THE REFLECTION OF YOUR OWN DISORGANISED BRAIN.

BOREDOM IS THE FIRST GENTLE SIGN OF ITS DISORGANISATION. BOREDOM IS NOT A SIGN OF SOPHISTICATION  BUT STUPIDITY.

AT THE FIRST SIGN OF BOREDOM IMMEDIATELY TRY TO DO SOMETHING TO SET YOUR ENVIRONMENT IN ORDER, TIDY A ROOM; ARRANGE OR REPAIR YOUR BOOKS AND AFTER SOME PRACTICE YOU WILL SEE FOR YOURSELF THE RESULT.

IF OF COURSE YOU HAVE NO DESIRE TO LIFT A LITTLE FINGER FOR YOURSELF, YOU OR THE SOCIETY WILL PROVIDE PSYCHIATRISTS AND TRANQUILISERS TO HELP YOU CONTINUE IN YOUR PRIVATE AND PURPOSEFULLY CULTIVATED SLUM, CALLED YOUR BRAIN:
For the self-realisation aspirant it is a matter pride to try and take control of his own body, and he will try.


***

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape